Thursday, May 26, 2011

Random things that make me smile n°2

 My Mojito plant...

Weekend is almost here, and the weather is glorious... 

Here's a recipe I use a lot this time of year...

Mojito (serves 1)

  • 10 mint sprigs
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 2 oz white rum
  • 1 oz lime juice
  • Soda water
  • Ice cubes

Muddle the mint and sugar together. Add the rum and lime juice and pour over the ice.
Top up with soda water. Use a Highball glass for this one... 

Now, doesn’t it taste like spring? ... Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, your mint plant looks so much better than mine! Only I use mine to make mint tea - can't stand the mint teabags, they always taste like straw or, uhm, "too healthy". :)
    And... Here's a confession. Never tried mojito in my life! I don't actually drink alcohol, unless it's my favourite Georgian (as former USSR Georgia, not the state) red wine... But since we seem to have all the ingredients around I may just make it this weekend.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey LittleRus!

    My mint plant lives on a window sill... Partial shadow, humid soil... Seems like the more I harvest the bushier it becomes :)

    Let me know how it goes on the mojito tasting... I do hope you like them! They are so refreshing...

    Have a great weekend!! XXX

    P.S. I love Georgian wine... (Lived in Moscow for a while...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to make Sangria this weekend, but, having read your post, I changed my mind, and I will now proceed to make Mojitos. It's difficult to find authentic Georgian wine in Moscow. In the old days, I just loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, Olga... Second time I lived there Georgian wine was hard to come by...
    Sangría... Nice idea! Sangria and tapas would be lovely, actually...
    Have the best of weekends! XXX

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...